Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Far Walk High Fly

远 走 高 飞 ... I read but don't usually watch the news, but I had it on tonight. So it was with some shock when the reports came on that David Rasif ran off with $10 million dollars of his client's money. The largest misappropriation to date. The last biggest sum was only 1.7 mil. in comparison. They didn't mention his family. The law society commented that it would cost him 7-12 years of jail.

This is someone I knew at Kent Ridge Hall back in the good old days of NUS. He was a rocker and participated in talentines and concerts. Charismatic and very charming; like a Bruce Willis type. Often a hint of a smile on his lips. He married a fellow kentridgen and beauty queen, Joyce. They are well-known in the law circles, I am sure. They stand out. After graduation, I hardly ever saw them.. until last year, I ran into both David and Joyce in the basement of a small insignificant shopping center in Bangkok, in of all places, of all timings. Just outside a pharmacy. We chatted briefly. He had brought his whole office out for a company trip. If I didn't recall wrongly, they have three daughters.

I think it is the shock that I had met him not too long ago, out of the blue and then now this. I wonder if his family has gone missing too. Probably. With that much money, maybe it is possible to go 'missing' forever. Did he watch too much movies? I wonder what he is thinking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah...so drama, lawyer become outlaw. even tho got money, i doubt his sleeps well at night, with family in tow and on the run.
fy

6:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home