Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Way to UK

So it was with such excitement and anticipation that I deluded myself into reading the flight takeoff time as 8.40pm (22:40hours) . I arrived at the terminal one at 6.30pm with mum and dad in tow to send me off. We puzzled at why my flight had not appeared on the signboard for check-in until reality dawned. Sheepish. Fortunately, BA allowed me to check-in four hours ahead of time. The bright side was we could catch a very leisurely dinner. We headed off to the staff foodcourt where dad happily introduced me to his favourite satay there. It was really good. Wish I could eat more but I was really quite exhausted.

In the airport shopping area, I managed to select a pearl bracelet and a mac webcam before heading for my gate. The queue was long but went smoothly. People landing in UK were allowed their hand luggage. Not those transiting though. They were given a transparent ziplock bag. Mobile phones, PDAs had to be checked in and not carried on. Imagine losing your luggage with your mobile in it, plus your whole entire collection of addresses, not being able to reach anyone you know in your greatest hour of need. Even strong men will weep when it happens. Moral of story - it is good to go digital but donch ya ya, better to have a backup in print!

Everyone boarded and settled into their seats. The plane took forever to prepare for take-off and then the pilot announced he had to re-negotiate a new route to avoid afghanistan. Right. Now why didn't they think of that earlier. While we waited, the air got warmer and warmer and people in the back started to get restless and moved to the middle and front of the plane where the ventilation was slightly better. The aisle was getting quite popular. A good chance for a fella to go chat up a hot chick like me. After all, most girls like to choose the aisle seat. Aiyah, my luck, only one bored auntie yakked to me about her retirement life. When we finally took off, it was past midnight, 2 hours late.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the fear of loosing ur contacts in ur mobile be smart like me to sync with www.zyb.com you can store your contacts to web freee :)

Endorm

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home