Monday, May 21, 2007

Sports Day

It was company sports carnival last Saturday where 600 people turned up. It was a colourful affair with lots of stalls and activities organised. Staff could choose to compete in team games like soccer, telematches or join in the dance classes (hip hop, line dancing, kebayaerobics, belly dancing). There were activities for kids too like the bouncy castle.

I must have been delusional when I
signed up to participate since I have been MIA from the sports field in decades years and not exactly in any fit condition to be running around on the field, much less under the hot sun. Unfortunately I was standing near my house captain when the carnival kicked off and got kena arrowed to join the frisbee team game. We were taught how to hold and throw the frisbee by some young punk. The game rules were set where the five of us had to defend or attack one side of the field against another house colour team. Then off we went. After ten minutes of running after a flying white plate all over the field, I was gasping for breath like a wild crazy woman. The al fake-ko shirt they issued trapped heat instead of dissipating it. I nearly suffered a heat stroke.
My family and I each received a large goodie bag each. I have never received so many sponsored gifts before. In the end, my colleague had to give me a carton to put in all the stuff, since it was three of each item - mineral water, 2X drink pack, a banana, a pear, a bun, a cup of soya been milk, a bowl of bean curd, a packet of peanuts, a pack of khong guan biscuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home