Sunday, February 19, 2006

Much aDo about Nothing.

Sat was not my day. I woke up to leave for breakfast and could not locate my housekeys after hunting high and low. I could only surmise that I might have left them in the keyhole and closed the door with it hanging outside. Then someone took it away.

At the end of my wits, I called mum to bring the spare set over to free me from the imprisonment. (The good thing about living near your parents) Dad was out at the kopitaim for his kopi. Poor thing, she hobbled hobbled to my floor slowly with a sprained foot.

I braced myself for her imaginative fears to take over. Now she is going to think someone will be finding his way into my apartment in the middle of the night and deflower me, etc, etc. I had 3 appointments that day and was feeling the anxiety of having to deal with this before my appointments. I was not prepared to put up with my worries and her worries and speculation while I was out. So I decided I should just change the lock so that I could get on with my life.

We dismantled the old lock and I took it to the hardware store which is 8 minutes walk away (~250 m) (The good thing about living in an HDB). The storekeeper was very nice and taught me what to do. I walked back and fixed the lock up but of course, not without mum trying to take over the job. (Have I mentioned she can do plumbing, and even re-holstered the sofa)We had to bicker about whether the bolt was being hammered with the correct alignment.

After 2 hours of hoo-ha, everything was finally fixed up. I was relieved to be able to start getting ready for my appointments. I was going to take my shower and went to the heater switch to turn it on, when there lounging on top of the box were my keys..

Later in the afternoon, the rain poured for some time. I was so ready to leave the shopping centre after being in there for too long. So I bought the umbrella. When I walked out, the rain stopped.

A day that forced me to part with time and money wastefully. So sway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

em, maybe should read the weekend horoscope before the weekend begins... good thing you found your keys. :-) fy

12:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did one of your appointments - the one with my old classmate - turn out better than the rest of your Saturday? Mok

1:47 pm  
Blogger J Wong said...

Looking on the bright side...u learnt something new - how to put in a new lock ! :-)

7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home