Monday, February 06, 2006

Mementos

While passing the slow day on the first of CNY, I revisited my ancient autographs.

The boys being boys were forthright, wickedly hilarious in their candidness. The girls wrote more pleasantries which became forgettable and their believability discounted by their very diplomacy.

I will start off with Eu Jin's secretly self-satisfied introduction : "Thanks for asking me to grace this autograph of yours, after which would have transformed this MERE autograph book into a priceless treasure (ahem!)" [Fiery:- frankly, I believe more than one person think that!]

"Knowing you has been quite an experience. Seldom (never!) have I ever met anyone like you. The mess you sometimes get into are without doubt beyond anyone's wildest imagination. You are so easily 'con' that you give the saying "to err is human" a new meaning. Do you still remember the time (in [room] 6.09 I think) when you took 'hours' to realise that it was not possible for us to have any of the Dec 84 'A' level papers..but no matter how hilarious the situation and how stupid you must have felt, always remember the longanimous placability and condonation are the indicia of supramundance omniscience." - Gym


Paul took me down memory lane with this:

"Now, what do I remember about you? Practically and absolutely nothing (er. Nothing? (no, too cruel)) - well something (just recalled something - phew!) I'll always (hopefully) remember the times some clown in the class would crack a sic joke and everyone would laugh. When everything slowly dies down, your part comes in. You will have at that point caught the joke and start to laugh that characteristic laugh of yours (no offense) and everyone would be consumed with laughter again (again, no offense)..I also remember all the fun we had when our group went for lunch together -> THE CHENDOL & ICE JELLY CAPER! I hope you'll always cherish these memories!! "


I must have been such a tomboy because Henry wrote:

"Underneath all that macho, tough masculine exterior, I'm sure there exists a person who is genteel, loves cooking, sewing, doing the dishes, washing clothes, etc. I suppose you are quite a rarity - I've never known girls could be like what you are! (shock, surprise)..."

Here is a girl's entry; by BL:

"You always say things which make people laugh but you don't seem to catch the joke yourself. Well, I guess your brain decided to take a rest at that point of time. And do you remember the time when you tried to ask the guys about what a virgin eats and it backfired at you -gosh! you were really embarassed and your face was all red down till the neck. Too bad, the 'trigger' has been pulled and we were all laughing away while you tried to cover yourself with your sweater. That was fun..." [Fiery: That was a set-up! ..and cover myself with a sweater? aiyah, so ah lian hor.]


The prize must go to Tzu.K, for the best autograph that makes me guffaw:

"Did you know:-
1) you're one of my favourite people in class,
2) you look like a spinster [Fiery: ouch! cao 臭 Tzu.K!]
3) I caught you and Max together speaking in "intimate" terms a few..er..a lot of times, [Fiery: er..I don't know what he was talking about!]
4) I don't find your laughter very humourous,
5) You drag your feet when you walk
6) I have never heard any of your jokes before
7) that I thought you were once a "maggie" - believe me, you don't want to know what it means,
8) you are vulgar, loud mouth and *mentally sick* and I like you for it!
All these are compliments so I don't suppose you like to know your faults, huh? But I have only known you for 2 years so who am I to judge?
....You have always been to me a very conservative person - I mean although you are very spontaneous and violent at times, with your expressions and everything but I don't seem to know anything about you (your personal background I mean). It's amazing how you can hide your feelings and thoughts so well but I'll try not to be too nosy and pry into your private life (I hate boring stuff!) "

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are so funny and entertaining...i wonder if they blog!
fy

1:35 am  
Blogger J Wong said...

Haha, what interesting comments. Don't think I can find my old autograph books any more, but weren't they a riot ? I remember the one I had when we left MGS - it was so pretty, covered with this blue & white floral wrapping paper. And remember all those funny acronyms ? F.R.A.N.C.E. = Friendship Remains And Never Can End. :-)

6:53 pm  
Blogger Fiery said...

Totally forgotten about the acronyms! How nice of you to mention. Can you recall anymore?

There is one which I learnt from a colleague - E.M.I.L.Y

= Every Moment I Love You

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home