Sunday, April 16, 2006

Taichi Master

The radio channel I happened to tune in has been playing snatches of recent MMLee's interview. This young woman remarked,"People say the PAP is arrogant." and before she could continued, MMLee shot back his reply,"If I am arrogant, would I be talking to you."

I thought as usual the man has managed to cleverly give a "so-called" answer but deliberately diverted attention from the main issue. I don't think people think PAP is arrogant in the way MMLee has suggested - such as not talking to people. (On the contrary, they talk too..) Nor is the point the young woman making about MMLee himself being arrogant. Even if MMLee is not arrogant, that does not mean the rest of the PAP will automatically not be arrogant. He has assumed to represent everything about PAP. (Speaking of which, perhaps I am wrong but is the role of an MM supposed to be neutral of any party?). One impression of the conceit comes from gahmen pressing on with decisions despite public disagreement of the policies. That is one of the worrying issues as I see it.

It would have been a more sincere dialogue if he had instead asked,"Can you elaborate in what way is PAP arrogant?". But of course, listening was not the intent of such forums, nor the key strengths of most politicians.

Please don't accuse me of doing a pap smear here. Really, I am a libra and libras are very objective people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home