Friday, April 07, 2006

Lladro 2006 preview

Keep forgetting to bring my digital camera. Attended the 2006 preview of the Lladro collection. It was held at the East India room of the Raffles Hotel. They only invited 50 guests but from the press kit they were holding, many of the guests were actually press people. But there was no speech. Nothing. The room was large with a long table in the middle displaying the latest pieces. A walk around the table and within 10 minutes you are done.
Since there was free flow of spanish red wine, my partner and I parked ourselves in a cosy corner and enjoyed our drinks. The waiters came around offering morsels of food. It is nice the Lladro staff left us alone to enjoy ourselves without imposing their presence on us. Unlike a lot of salespeople who would feel they need to make some noise like "how are you enjoying blah blah blah.." to justify their place. After I had my fill, I drooled over the beautiful figurines of course. The staff were attentive when we looked interested at a piece. It is so calming to be surrounded by all this beauty. We ended up there for over an hour. Given my limited real estate and financial resources, acquiring these is often a battle of desire and logic. Aiyah, better save money first. (above figurine: Essence of a Man I)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ai yoh, you find excuse to go drinking again is it... fy

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home