Wednesday, October 11, 2006

See Saw Singing

Decided to check out other night markets and followed the map which pointed out several such markets around the Longshan temple MRT. As I wandered in the area just outside the MRT, I keep hearing some ghostly singing. It is high-pitch with no decipherable words and actually sounds eerie. I thought my ears must be playing tricks on me. Thankfully, the mystery is solved when my curiosity drew me to check out a crowd of people whose attention are commanded by this performer. It is one interesting yet strange street performance. The things people do to make a living.


I saw a saw singing like no saw can sing,
making me think of what more will spring.
A poor king with no links,
wringing his thing to bring a zing,
Ooh.. tis enough to drive me to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home