Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Shi Lin Night Market


After hearing the name Shi Lin mentioned so many times, I made myself go visit this night market rather reluctantly, expecting them to be selling teeny bopper clothes. It turned out to be more of a food place.



I don't know why the tourist books tout this as the biggest night market in Taipei, it is your average hawker center size and half of it was closed. Feel a bit kena conned. I might have missed out parts of the real thing but anyway, I am not impressed with what I saw. Thankfully, some bizarre stuff there made up for the disappointment (see subsequent posts)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! The exciting parts are in the side streets next to the 'hawker centre' complex. There are tons of teeny bopper clothes, shoes, etc. etc. (and more food stalls of course) tucked within the maze of little streets there. That's the Shih Lin people rave about!

9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home