Sunday, November 19, 2006

22 years on

Had a fabulous class gathering yesterday. It was called partly to celebrate the return of Paul and family from Denmark after 3 years. I didn't call everyone, just a manageable few handful. We went to Marche at Suntec and it was packed. So good to see everyone again. We looked not a day older since the time we graduated (I am lying of course); that was all we could hoped.

We laughed heaps and enjoyed each others' company. Regardless of the statuses of our classmates now, MD or lawyers or what-nots, there was no escape from the ribbing. It raised one uproar after another as long buried memories were called up and the discovery of little strange details our classmates remembered of us. We even ran into Adrian Pang at another table, on his nite out baby-sitting his boys while his wife was on duty. Even he was not spared from the teasings of how proud his old chinese teachers must be to have one of their anglophilic "kentang" sons join chinese drama.

My best autographer (see old entry "Mementos"), Tzu.K, was also there, looking gorgeous and slim, and fussing over me like his long lost sister.
He questioned how I got such nice complexion. I insisted all the credit has to go to SKII, the poison seemed to work remarkably well. Although at the back of my mind, I secretly believed it was really all that job hopping that has helped to keep some of the wear and tear at bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home