Monday, October 24, 2005

Goodbye

The weather turned damp this evening and everywhere, there was a jam. I rushed home to collect Itsy. I took him out of his glass cage and transferred him into a smaller cage with a handle. I tried to clear my mind to avoid him sensing his impending death and be frightened. I transferred some shavings from his own cage into the portable one.

I also put some seeds in it with lots of sunflower seeds. He loves them. He got lively and was focused on eating them all the way to the vet. So much so, that when the vet saw him, he was indignant to hear that I asked to put Itsy down. He said , "why? He looks happy enough to me".
My response was a little distraught. Then he realised Itsy has a lump on his arm too and quickly informed me that they can take care of him and if I want to leave the cage with them or take it back. I said I will leave the cage behind. I thought perhaps they would let him live a little longer if he has a cage. The vet told me Itsy will be injected and will pass on immediately. He assured me Itsy will be cremated and not carelessly disposed of. When he said that, my imagination ran to the thought of Itsy being thrown down the rubbish chute - a hideous thought. The bill came to $10.

There were 2 kittens running around the clinic, waiting for adoption. I turned down the offer, they will probably die of loneliness under my care, even if they are independent.

After I left the clinic, I dropped into the NTUC on the way home and wandered around in it in a daze for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home