Thursday, December 15, 2005

Joe's Angels


Uncle Joe's Angels at his BBQ on Sunday to celebrate his birthday (altho' technically he is not the oldest). The gals addressed him as Uncle because he is over 30 (muwahahahah). In the photo - moi, CW, Sandy, Liz, Joe, Fenni, Fistri, Ade


The BBQ was great. Some of us brought him bottles of wine but believe it or not, the guy does not have a wine opener! We had to sms another guest who was on the way to buy one. We were pretty thristy and impatient by the time the gadget arrived.

I am more of a wine taster than a drinker. It is more enjoyable for me if I drink and chew it in with the food. To drink it on its own, it will have to really fabulous wine, or sweet; obviously, not a connoisseur. It's the conversation and the hanging out that I enjoy more, the drink is just an excuse. Besides, it makes my face goes redder than I like and it is quite tiresome fighting float mode; not really worth all that trouble over a so-so wine. So I usually just sip sip sip with tolerance. It is great to have lots of different wines to try out (and hopefully someone else to finish the rest up). When I chance upon one that is good, it is quite a thrill.

Seems like the food one can almost always expect in a sgp local party is bee hoon, curry chicken, fish ball, satay. Joe's sister made the curry and it was excellent! I found BBQed Corn on Cob really tasty. Joe also BBQed some interesting spicy gravy over squid wrapped in foil. Good ideas for future BBQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home