Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wrap them up

This must be my most lazy Christmas preparation ever. 60 new cards and only one sent out. Bought no presents. The rainy weather didn't help the mood for shopping.

No choice, I was forced to prepare the early xmas gift exchange that was going to happen at a birthday celebration. I rummaged through my box of "extras" made up of impulsive shoppings in the past especially gotten on travel trips, the regrets, the freebies that come from large buys, yet to open purchases. There are also forgotten gifts bought way in advance, like..er..years back. I will tell myself not to forget the next time but I forget again and run out and grab something new. Luckily for my friends, I don't have the habit of re-wrapping unwanted presents and pass them on. Can't bring myself to do that without guilt.

Maybe this was good. I finally have to deal with these many forgotten stuff. Well, some are fairly decent (like the usb thumb drive), many are clearly below $10 (embroidery jewellery box, retro bracelets, etc). Okay cheap. So, to prove (or rather comfort the receiver) that it is the thought that counts, I decided a little more effort should go into dressing up the packaging.

After some digging around, I discovered almost forgotten ribbons bought at Spotlight. I have tons. Also found these handy set of paperbags. Fished out my gift wrap book, armed with scissors and lots of tape, I got to work. Squeezed my creativity juice. Boy, it zapped as much energy as battling the torrential downpour to shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home