Sunday, November 13, 2005

Back Home

Arrived home last night and when I finally settled down to bed it was 1.30 in the morning. Today first day back Home. Can't believe I did lots.

Got up at 8am to have breakfast with the family. It is so lively with Fyen and baby home too. I sent the photos for print, 3 rolls, save the one in the camera. Then at noon, went off for Josh's birthday lunch at Rice Table at Suntec which Lin and family arranged. They had just returned from vacation themselves, visited Sydney. Lin's hubby, Ivan had sunburn from the parking himself too long at the Bondi beach.

After lunch, I joined Josh and the others (Des, Aymes, Chris, Xiang) for the afternoon service at the Rock. They were very pleased that I finally joined them so I can know what they have been gushing about. The Rock or New Creation is a semi-charismatic church which is so popular, people queue over an hour to get in. As many as 10,000 people attend the services on Sunday.

The paster - Pastor Prince - is a half Chinese/Indian and has a very cool hairstyle. He looks good and is quite funny. He doesn't take himself too seriously so people can relate to him. I have to say I enjoyed the sermons and the time passed fairly quickly, even though it was a 2 hour service. He is pretty much along the same lines as how I interpret Christianity too. So will I convert? Hahahah. If 12 years of Methodist devotion has not made me step up to it, will a 2 hour service do. Hmm...

After the service, the gang went for tea at LeMuse in Milennia and talked for another 2 hours. I can still remember a number of the hymms from decades ago and bible verses much to some of their surprise and started to sing some lines... "How Great Thou Art"..."Onward Christian Soldiers".. They joined in. It brought back memories of for us where we have shared so much similar schooling.

After that, rushed home to collect my photos. Skipped dinner. Vacuum my apartment (my gawd, so much dust!!!) Then time to upload pictures on the Blog... this thing sure gets addictive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home