Thursday, November 10, 2005

Walk in park

Now that I am broke, I have to get creative and find activities which do not involve money; like more baby-sitting.

Well, God is kind or perhaps to reward me (as I like to comfort myself) for putting warm food on the table of some poor kids (Wah lau, if the bugger spent it on gambling or cigarettes, may his digits rot and drop off and as to which ones, I will leave to your imagination), HE gave me beautiful weather today. It was sunny for the whole day. The air was clear and crisp.

Fyen suggested taking Kit out for a walk in the park. We entered what looked more like woods to me. The paths were muddy and covered in a blanket of yellow, orange leaves. Did not look like a place to wander around alone. Nevertheless the scenery was charming in its naturalness. There was a brook running along with mandarin ducks paddling away happily. An old man leaned over the bridge, solitude in his fishing. Kit's mum

A mother and her daughtered stopped by our pram to enjoy Kit and to have a short chat. A couple of black guys with an alsatian stopped to chat with a mother taking her baby and her golden retriever for a walk. Hmmm..so here is a way to make new friends. *grin* Might be tricky if yours is a cat.


After some distance, we arrived at a proper park with mowed grass and swings. By then, Kit has been lulled into sleep by the uneven motion of the pram. We didn't stop to play but simply breathed in the colours and leisurely strolled on home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dearie, sorry to hear about your loss - 200 quid is really quite a sum...
Anyway, on the bright side, you had what sounds like a great walk with the splendour of the autumnal colours around you. That's what I will miss when I go back to our mother country - the changing of the seasons & the gradual shifitng of the scenery as they merge into one another. For example, the view from my apartment window now shows all the trees covered with lush green foliage. They had been rather forlorn & bare just a couple of months ago. The ground is also turning green with new grass, from the dry brown earth that it was in winter.
Wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness & of the hope we have in Him. :-)
"Behold, He makes all things new !"
I have been enjoying spring here - helped by the fact that I don't have hay fever. Will tell you more about what I have been up to - I started doing a blog too, but nothing too great so far cuz been a bit busy during the week.
BTW, do let me know your snail mail address in the UK if you can, as well as S'pore snail mail. Am trying to get my contact info organised.
Have a great weekend - me going to shop for Asian foodstuff today at Box Hill ! :-)
Cheers,
LY

6:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Me again - here's the link to my blog :
Now must try to add pics & update it !

http://melbournesojourn2005-2006.blogspot.com/

Will also add a link to your blog on mine if you don't mind.
Cheers,
LY

7:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home