Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mount Emily Park

Back again at Mount Emily. I wandered into the park. Except for a pair of joggers here and there, the park is mostly quiet and peaceful. It feels safe. Even so Jean says she handles an average of five molest cases in Sgp a day (!) and cautions that it is only safer than elsewhere but one should never be less vigilant.

I love the big old trees here. They should be several hundred years old.

Tucked away in the corner of the hill is the HangOut Hotel which is a hip budget hostel-hotel. Their restaurant, Wild Rocket, has received good reviews. The chef is a very pleasant, well-spoken and good looking fellow - Willin Low. I found out from yesterday's papers he was formerly a lawyer (!). I tried their crabmeat linguine. It is excellent, I highly recommend it.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

em, the greenery & quiet reminds me of our old school grounds....fy

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home