Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pampered

I was taken aback when one day the office manager plonked a pack of fruits on my table.

Surprised me: "what's this??" [first thought - I didn't order anything, do I have to pay for this?)

Office manager: "Your healthy pack. We give out every fortnight."

Company sponsored. Something to do with a eat healthy programme or something. I haven't received such generosity at work in a long time. Not since the dot com days...a distant memory. I felt somewhat overwhelmed.

Some days later, a colleague send an email blast out to everyone: "I was on two weeks leave and informed everyone but what do I come back to when I returned? Fruits left fermenting and rotting on my table..thanks for letting me know how much you love me."

Some of us joked at coffee break, we will have to go help ourselves to the fruit gifts ("steal") left on tables of colleagues on leave. Maybe that will keep them happy.

Yeah, go poke around the desks of people on leave. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home