Wednesday, January 11, 2006

MOG

Attended the premiere of "Memoirs of the Geisha" tonite. It is two and a half hours' movie. So, do I recommend it? - Yes. Yes. Yes. MUST SEE!

I have never seen Michelle Yeoh more regal and actually alluring. Gong Li doesn't talk as in purrs and seems to caress her words. I don't usually like Zhang but her performance here is believable. They have indeed worked hard on their English.
All the men in this movie appear gallant and protective of their women, Wahhh. It is more about the politics of the women where they draw blood from their rivals while praising them with a smile.

Beautifully filmed. All in all, a magnificent movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger J Wong said...

Glad to hear your comment - my friend who saw it on DVD says it's good too.
Me, I am waiting for it - I think it starts here next week. I have the book & enjoyed reading it. But gonna watch Brokeback Mountain next wed at special preview at cinema downstairs - when does that start in S'pore ?

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home